Monday 25 August 2014

CROSSROADS

Crossroads
Again on a crossroad, I stand and wail,
Counting with my fingers the times I fail,
Soon the count will be too numerous,
My mind gets restless and my heart furious,
I stand not knowing which way I should take.
They say take a leap of faith,
But never do they mention where to put my faith.
My devil and my angel sit on either side.
I can see the darkness and the light.
I may choose to give up; I may stand and fight,
But as of now I cannot decide.
I need some hope, I need some peace,
Yet I enjoy all the mess.
The hesitation, the anxiety, the tension, the fear,
Afraid of losing all that’s dear,
It only proves that I am human,
With all my imperfection and desire
I can be the wind, I can be the fire.
I cannot be defeated, no! Not just yet,
My devil must surrender; I must see the light,
And with the rising sun, I will take another flight.
Soon I know I will be at another crossroad,
Where another devil awaits,

But he will never have the aura my angel creates.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have faced this dilemma in our lives.. Amazingly articulated.. I'm a fan :D :)

    ReplyDelete