Tuesday 26 June 2012

PRAYER


PRAYER

“Oh Lord in the heaven above,
Bless me, bless me either
With absolute love or absolute hatred,
But please do not make me stand between love and hatred,
It’s a dreadful place to be”

No matter how much we try, we can never change certain people, neither their good self nor the bad. Love can change a person drastically. The only problem is it works both ways.
“Revenge is the dish best served cold”
So I have heard
But to take revenge on someone,
Whom I hold dear in my heart?
I cannot do this... no woman can,
At least not one who has been so passionate about him.
And all I ever asked for was love...

Life has never been a smooth road,
Nor I wished it to be.
I wanted him to see. Where others looked.
I wanted him to feel, where others commented.
Perhaps it was asking too much,
From someone who had nothing for me.

He turned out to be just like the others,
And all I ever wished for was my prince.
Perhaps princes do not exist,
Or they are born to be rude.

Once I loved someone with all my heart,
I gave away every bit of warmth I had,
I deserve the cold that smothers me now,
And now I have nothing left for myself.

O lord in the high heavens,
Don’t you see? Or have you become blind to me?
Do not take my grief for a curse,
I do not wish him ill, I can never.
But please do not make me stand between love and hatred,
It is a dreadful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment