Friday 17 February 2012

LONELINESS

I read this poem somewhere... it touched me so much that i feel sharing it is the best thing i can do.


Years have sped by, time has flown,
to forget you forever, that is what i had sworn,
to wipe all your memories from my heart,
to live on, knowing that we are poles apart...


but often on alone, lonely nights,
when the moon is shining bright,
your thoughts come to my mind,
and ponder, where memories left far behind...


of times we had, both good and bad,
of tears we shared and fun we had,
but what went wrong i have no clue,
but as long as it lasted, i know it was true...


you have touched my life in many ways,
i try explaining, but cannot say.
but you have moved on, and so must i
accept the truth, though with a sigh...


time heals all wounds, but not this one...
the scar remains, the harm is done...
memories are to be treasured, so as they say...
that is why you remain in my heart, to this very day....

No comments:

Post a Comment